The IPRO Board of Directors represents the international publishers community. Members come from or have a background at publishing houses that operate internationally for many years in the area of academic and professional publishing.
The Board of IPRO counts a minimum of 3 and a maximum of 7 members, appointed upon nomination by the International Association of Scientific, Medical and Technical Publishers for a term of 3 years. Upon retirement, Board members are re-eligible immediately but only for two more consecutive appointments. The Board elects among its members a Chairman, a Treasurer and a Secretary, together forming the Executive Committee of the Board.
Candidates to join the Board of IPRO are selected on the criteria that are defined in the profile for the IPRO board.
Currently the following people serve on the Board:
1. Geert Noorman, independent, NL, 3rd term: Oct 2017 - Oct 2020 – Chairman
2. Peter Hendriks, Malmberg, NL, 2nd term July 2019 - July 2022 - Treasurer
3. Duncan Campbell, John Wiley, UK, 1st term Dec 2017 - Dec 2020
4. Jayne Marks, Wolters Kluwer Health, US, 3rd term Oct 2018 - Oct 2021
5. Mark Majurey, Taylor and Francis, UK, 1st term Dec 2017 - Dec 2020
6. Florine Rosingh, Elsevier, NL/UK, 1st term March 2018 - March 2021
7. Niels Peter Thomas, Springer-Nature, DE, 2nd term Feb 2020 - Feb 2023
Their official job titles and additional jobs can be found here: 2019 IPRO Board additonal jobs