The IPRO Board of Directors represents the international publishers community. Members come from or have a background at publishing houses that operate internationally for many years in the area of academic and professional publishing.
The Board of IPRO counts a minimum of 3 and a maximum of 7 members, appointed upon nomination by the International Association of Scientific, Medical and Technical Publishers for a term of 3 years. Upon retirement, Board members are re-eligible immediately but only for two more consecutive appointments. The Board elects among its members a Chairman, a Treasurer and a Secretary, together forming the Executive Committee of the Board.
Candidates to join the Board of IPRO are selected on the criteria that are defined in the profile for the IPRO board.
Currently the following people serve on the Board:
1. Geert Noorman, independent, NL, 3rd term Dec 2017 - Dec 2020 – Chairman
2. Peter Hendriks, Malmberg, NL, 1st Term July 2016 - July 2019 - Treasurer
3. Duncan Campbell, John Wiley, UK, 1st term Dec 2017 - Dec 2020
4. Jayne Marks, Wolters Kluwer Health, US, 2nd Term Oct 2015 - Oct 2018
5. Mark Majurey, Taylor and Francis, UK, 1st Term Feb 2017 - Feb 2020
6. Florine Rosingh, Elsevier, NL/UK, 1st Term March 2017 - March 2020
7. Niels Peter Thomas, Springer-Nature, DE, 1st Term Feb 2017 - Feb 2020
Their official job titles and additional jobs can be found here: 2018 IPRO Board additonal jobs